TALON Oil Filter Tool (Up to 1500 in lbs)
FREE SHIPPING TO USA ONLY
THE ULTIMATE IN OIL FILTER REMOVAL!
GOT A STUCK OIL FILTER?
WATCH THIS VIDEO!
The TALON OIL FILTER TOOL has been reinvented and improved!! The 10M-TALON oil filter tool has undergone some changes through the years, improving as the demands of our customers became greater. The new TALON is our strongest and most compact yet. Just pop the NEW TALON on a 3/8 drive extension and ratchet and it gets the job done.
The TALON Oil Filter Tool was created to remove stubbornly stuck oil filters. Bogert Aviation wanted the tool to be safe in tight quarters and unable to slip, attempting to minimize damage to nearby components. This is still a messy process but this tool is your best chance of removing stuck filters without damaging anything else. Don't cuss -- call us!!!
Comes with #10(0.194) and 6MM(0.236) screws.
- Three pin (TALON) engagement in oil filter plate for stability and strength
- Good for up to 1500 in. lbs. of torque
- Works in tight spaces!
- Works on Aircraft, Automotive, Marine and Recreational Vehicle applications
- Made in the USA.
- This is a lot less frustrating than trying to remove a stuck filter by any other method
- Saves time so you can do other things
- Saves money
- Open the filter can and remove the filter element. If necessary, cut or tear open the filter can where ever it is accessible, gaining access to the filter element.
- Use the new filter as a guide. Set the pin positions on the 10M-TALON Oil Filter Tool to fit into the oil holes in the oil filter plate.
- Insert the Oil Filter Tool into the stuck filter can using a 3/8" ratchet extension and ratchet wrench. Engage the oil holes in the filter plate with the pins of the oil filter tool.
- Turn counter clockwise to loosen the filter.
- Adjustable down to 1.10" in three prong mode for smaller oil filters
- Adjustable down to .95" in two prong mode for smaller oil filters
- Adjustable up to 3.14" for larger oil filters
Guys, these things are awesome! Whoever came up with the idea, buy 'em a cold one. I'm very appreciative to have this tool in my box for bad situations.
Hi all. In nearly 40 years of changing my oil, I had never encountered a ridiculously stubborn oil filter. This was my first (and last time) trying a K&N oil filter for my Honda Civic. I did put fresh oil on the rubber when I installed it. I placed it hand tight and then 1/4 turn more. I was not able to remove it with a socket, it comes with a nut welded on the bottom. I tried an oil filter wrench. It perforated the filter...so I drained out the oil. I tried puncturing it with a screwdriver. It is pretty tight in there and the filter is short. So that didn’t work. I was excited to find the Talon online. I ordered one immediately. When it arrived I used a hole saw to remove the bottom of the filter. No problem. But the Talon does not engage the weird rectangular holes of the K& N. I then tried a nylon strap and then a chain wrench. Neither budged the thing. In to the shop it goes and I pray that those guys can get it off.
This tool worked perfect, I wish it was sold at automotive stores.
Was just what I needed. Took me 10 minutes and I was done
I initially ordered one and broke it. I talked to customer service and they sent a replacement. I was able to get the very seized oil filter off the second try. I used it on a old ride on mower that probably never had an oil change or filter change in its lifetime.
We Also Recommend