Battery Box Mod with +/- Battery Cables STC SA4008NM
The Battery Box Modification greatly improves battery performance. It modifies Piper Metal Battery Boxes to eliminate the braided straps and ground connections known for heat generating, high resistance connection.
Hard starting and other electrical problems can often be traced back to poor battery and group connections. Use this inexpensive mod with a new positive and negative cable if your battery box is still mechanically sound.
This is the complete Battery Box Modification including the necessary Battery Positive and Battery Negative Cables to complete installation in your aircraft.
Fully FAA/PMA Approved STC SA3531NM. Exceeds requirements in SB836 & SB836A. No fabricating. No Guess Work. Ready to Install.
- 2x's the engine cranking speed
- Easier to remove and install the battery because of the nylon inserts
- May prolong life of battery and starter
- Eliminate the troublesome braided negative strap as well as the extra connection at the positive insulator
- Less expensive to modify the existing box than to replace it
- Compatible with our famous “Low Loss” Cable Kits
- Nylon inserts guard against battery grounding or unwanted mishaps
- Many models are FAA/PMA approved under STC SA3531NM and exceed requirements in SB836 and SB836A. Included with STC and AML paperwork is: sample log book entry, sample 337 entries, formula for figuring weight and balance, C.G. Change, and easy to follow instructions.
- 30+ years of experience making cable
- M22759/16-1-9 Copper Cable
- Made in the USA
- 2 ea. Nylon Flanges (with Grommet assembled)
- 1 ea. Cover Plate with Rivets
- 1 ea. Battery Positive Cable for Specified Aircraft
- 1 ea. Battery Negative Cable for Specified Aircraft
- Template for Modification to existing box
Below is a list of all the aircraft included in this STC
Original vs. Bogert Aviation Copper Cable & Nylon Flange
|Aircraft Make||Aircraft Model||Type Certificate Number||Certification Basis for Alteration||*FAA Drawing List
|AML Revision Date|
CAR 3 and TCDS 1A2
|Piper||PA-20 "115", PA-20S "115", PA-20 "135", PA-20S- "135"||1A4||CAR 3 and TCDS 1a4||1-1||10/14/03||4/12/04|
|Piper||PA-22-135, PA-22-108, PA-22S-135, PA-22-150, PA-22-160, PA-22S-160||1A6||CAR 3 and TCDS 1A6||1-1||10/14/03||4/12/04|
|Piper||PA-23, PA-23-160, PA-23-235, PA-23-250||1A10||CAR 3 and TCDS 1A10||1-1||10/14/03||4/12/04|
|Piper||PA-24, PA-24-250, PA-24-260, PA-24-260||1A15||CAR3 and TCDS 1A15||1-1||10/14/03||4/12/04|
|Piper||PA-25, PA-25-235, PA-25-260||2A10||CAR 3 and TCDS 2A10||1-1||10/14/03||4/12/04|
|Piper||PA-28-140, PA-28-150, PA-28-160, PA-28-161, PA-28-180, PA-28-235, PA-28R-180, PA-28R-200, PA-28RT-201||2A13||FAR 23 and TCDS A1EA||1-1||10/14/03||6/30/04|
|Piper||PA-30, PA-39||A1EA||FAR 23 and TCDS A1EA||1-1||10/14/03||4/12/04|
|Piper||PA-32-301, PA-32-260, PA-32-300, PA-32R-300||2A13||FAR 23 and TCDS 2A13||1-1||10/14/03||4/12/04|
Thank you ..great cables...works great..
Night and day difference in starting, should have done it years ago!
excellent product and service
Well packaged and easy to install this Mod. Took about 2 1/2 hours to remove battery box, cut out slots and reinstall. If your box is in good shape this is the route to go verses next box.
Very good service and products
We Also Recommend