Battery Box Mod with +/- Battery Cables STC SA4008NM
The Battery Box Mod greatly improves battery performance. It modifies Piper Metal Battery Boxes to eliminate the braided straps and ground connections known for heat generating, high resistance connection.
Hard starting and other electrical problems can often be traced back to poor battery and group connections. Use this inexpensive mod with a new positive and negative cable if your battery box is still mechanically sound.
- 2x’s the engine cranking speed
- Easier to remove and install the battery because of the nylon inserts
- May prolong life of battery and starter
- Eliminate the troublesome braided negative strap as well as the extra connection at the positive insulator
- Less expensive to modify the existing box than to replace it
- Compatible with our famous “Low Loss” Cable Kits
- Nylon inserts guard against battery grounding or unwanted mishaps
- Many models are FAA/PMA approved under STC SA3531NM and exceed requirements in SB836 and SB836A. Included with STC and AML paperwork is: sample log book entry, sample 337 entries, formula for figuring weight and balance, C.G. Change, and easy to follow instructions.
- 25+ years of experience making cable
- M22759/16-1-9 Copper Cable
- Made in the USA
Below is a list of all the aircraft included in this STC
Original vs. Bogert Aviation Copper Cable & Nylon Flange
|Aircraft Make||Aircraft Model||Type Certificate Number||Certification Basis for Alteration||*FAA Drawing List
|AML Revision Date|
CAR 3 and TCDS 1A2
|Piper||PA-20 "115", PA-20S "115", PA-20 "135", PA-20S- "135"||1A4||CAR 3 and TCDS 1a4||1-1||10/14/03||4/12/04|
|Piper||PA-22-135, PA-22-108, PA-22S-135, PA-22-150, PA-22-160, PA-22S-160||1A6||CAR 3 and TCDS 1A6||1-1||10/14/03||4/12/04|
|Piper||PA-23, PA-23-160, PA-23-235, PA-23-250||1A10||CAR 3 and TCDS 1A10||1-1||10/14/03||4/12/04|
|Piper||PA-24, PA-24-250, PA-24-260, PA-24-260||1A15||CAR3 and TCDS 1A15||1-1||10/14/03||4/12/04|
|Piper||PA-25, PA-25-235, PA-25-260||2A10||CAR 3 and TCDS 2A10||1-1||10/14/03||4/12/04|
|Piper||PA-28-140, PA-28-150, PA-28-160, PA-28-161, PA-28-180, PA-28-235, PA-28R-180, PA-28R-200, PA-28RT-201||2A13||FAR 23 and TCDS A1EA||1-1||10/14/03||6/30/04|
|Piper||PA-30, PA-39||A1EA||FAR 23 and TCDS A1EA||1-1||10/14/03||4/12/04|
|Piper||PA-32-301, PA-32-260, PA-32-300, PA-32R-300||2A13||FAR 23 and TCDS 2A13||1-1||10/14/03||4/12/04|
Very good service and products
Mod Kit for the Piper Cherokee battery box came with everything, parts, cables, paperwork, and even rivets. The :"stick on" cutting guides was most helpful, and the kit included diagrams for just about every battery box of this type. Quick delivery of the kit, too. We are very pleased with the results.
Pretty simple install with the plans and instructions that came with it. Nice set up and upgrade. Good price.
Great product and price. Had the cables but not the hardware for the battery box, nice upgrade, even better starting power.
Product well made and packaged, fast shipping, customer service outstanding. Instructions very plain and clear, all the paper work(STC) in order. Battery box modification was easily installed along with a new Master Relay and the starter did in fact turn prop faster for a quicker engine start. Happy to get rid of the old braided straps. Very clean installation and makes the 1959 Comanche better. Thank you Bogert Team.
We Also Recommend